Adisham railway station
|Location||Adisham, City of Canterbury|
|Classification||DfT category F2|
|Opened||22 July 1861|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Adisham railway station is on the Dover branch of the Chatham Main Line in England, and serves the village of Adisham, Kent. It is 67 miles 60 chains (109.0 km) down the line from London Victoria and is situated between Bekesbourne and Aylesham.
The station and all trains that serve the station are operated by Southeastern.
There are brick buildings on the country-bound platform, formerly in railway use but now privately occupied, and a wooden shelter on the London-bound platform. The country-bound platform is accessible by road and the London-bound by public footpath. There is a connecting footbridge.
The station is unstaffed. There is a help point on each platform, electronic departure boards were added in May 2016 and a ticket machine (accepting credit/debit cards) in October the same year.
The station and the line it serves were built by the London, Chatham & Dover Railway, and opened on 22 July 1861, becoming part of the Southern Railway during the grouping of 1923. The line then passed on to the Southern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948 until the privatisation of British Railways.
The typical off-peak service in trains per hour is:
During the peak hours, the service is increased to 2 tph.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
- Table 212 National Rail timetable, May 2020
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adisham railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Adisham railway station from National Rail
- Adisham railway station in the 1866 edition of Bradshaw's Descriptive Railway Hand-Book of Great Britain & Ireland
- Station on navigable O.S. map